Published Articles, Lectures & Presentations
- Instructor of Paralegal Estate Planning & Administration of Estates, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Instructor for Learning in Retirement (LIR) Program at UWGB teaching a class in estate planning and probate to retired seniors
- "Keeping Estates Profitable: Advanced Planning Techniques in Wisconsin” – National Business Institute
- “Estate Planning Needs for Baby Boomers: Maintaining Flexibility During Uncertain Times” – 23rd Annual Financial Planning Symposium Program of Northeast Wisconsin
- “Flexible Estate Planning During Uncertain Times” – Financial Planning Association of Northeast Wisconsin
- “Estate Planning – The Fundamentals” – Institute of Management Accountants
- “The Probate Process from Start to Finish” – National Business Institute
- Frequent Lecturer at Legal Seminars on Estate Planning Issues & Related Topics to attorneys, accountants and other professionals
Awards & Distinctions
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) 2001
- 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Named a “Wisconsin Rising Star” by his peers and through the independent research of Law and Politics, publisher of Super Lawyers Magazine
- The legal rating website Avvo.com has given Evan a perfect 10 out of 10 rating describing Evan’s legal skills as “superb.”
Evan is an attorney and managing partner of Lin.Liebmann.Wied LLC. He practices in the areas of Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate and Corporate / Business matters. Prior to joining the firm, Evan was a managing shareholder of a local law firm and he also previously worked at the global consulting firm Deloitte LLP.
Evan has been named a five-time Wisconsin Rising Star in Estate Planning and Probate by the publishers of Superlawyers Magazine and Milwaukee Magazine, which is based on a rigorous selection process that uses a system of nominations, peer evaluation and independent research. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Wisconsin are named Rising Stars. In addition, the legal rating website Avvo.com has given Evan a perfect 10 out of 10 rating describing Evan’s legal skills as “superb.”
Evan graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University of Chicago in 1995 with a bachelors degree in business, and from the University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude, in 1998. While in law school, Evan received the State Bar of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin Law School award for highest achievement in his Federal Estate / Gift Taxation class and his Corporate Taxation class.
Evan is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and has been an adjunct faculty member in the paralegal program at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College teaching a class in Estate Planning and Probate Administration. Evan is frequently invited to speak to attorneys, accountants, financial advisors and other community organizations regarding estate planning, probate and related topics.
Evan is admitted to practice in all state courts in Wisconsin, the Western District of Wisconsin Federal Court, and the United States Tax Court. Evan’s professional affiliations include serving as Secretary and a member of the Board of Directors of the Estate Planning Council of Northeast Wisconsin and as Past President of the Green Bay Estate Planning Forum. Evan also is Past President of the Brown County Bar Association, and a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
As a native of Green Bay, Evan is active in his community and volunteers his time for a number of community organizations and charities, including serving on the Board of Directors of the American Heart Association, Big Brothers / Big Sisters of Northeastern Wisconsin, the Friends of St. Vincent Hospital Foundation, the Learning Through Golf Foundation, the Fort Howard Family Resource Center, the Planned Giving Committee of the Bay Area Humane Society & Animal Shelter, Inc., Wisconsin International School, Ltd., and Notre Dame Academy Foundation, Inc.
In his spare time, Evan enjoys cheering for the Packers, golfing, running and spending time with his wife and three daughters.
- Business & Corporate Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate
- Wills & Trust
- Corporate executives, officers and directors;
- Current and former owners of closely-held and publicly-traded companies;
- Physicians, dentists and other service professionals;
- Individuals and corporations involved in business and real estate acquisitions and related transactions;
- Individuals interested in estate planning (e.g., wills, appointing guardians for minor children, trusts, marital property agreements, powers of attorney and tax planning); and
- Individuals needing assistance with probating a decedent’s estate or administration and settlement of a trust.