Herbert (Bret) C. Liebmann, IV, is a partner and leads the firm's litigation and family law departments. His practice involves all aspects of civil litigation, divorce and custody disputes, personal injury and car accidents, insurance coverage disputes, and discrete personal challenges including OWI/DUI and traffic citations. In addition to his private practice, Bret served as a Special Prosecutor for the Brown County District Attorney's Office in 2010 and early 2011.
Bret graduated summa cum laude from Marquette University with a bachelor of science degree in organizations, management and leadership. He continued on to obtain his law degree from Marquette as well, where he was on the Dean’s list and received the CALI award as the top student in the advanced trial practice class.
An active member of the community, Bret currently coaches the St. Norbert College Mock Trial Team with Judge Marc Hammer, Attorney Tricia Nell, and Professor Charles Jacobs, Ph.D. Previously he coached high school mock trial teams at Green Bay East High School, De Pere High School, and Clara Mohammed School (Milwaukee).
Born and raised in Green Bay, Bret returned after graduating from law school to establish his practice and raise his family. In addition to the law, Bret's passion in life is sailing. He has competed in regattas throughout the world including various national and world championships and 24 Chicago to Mackinac races, winning his section multiple times. Prior to attending law school, Bret was the head sailing coach of the University of Wisconsin Sailing Team for 10 years. At the same time, he owned and operated Infinity Sails & Canvas, LLC, a Milwaukee sail loft where he built and repaired sails for boats, windsurfers, iceboats, and anything else wind-driven.
- Commercial Litigation
- Family Law including Divorce, Custody, and Placement
- Insurance Coverage
- Litigation and Trials
- Personal Injury Claims
- OWI and Drunk Driving defense
- J.D. - Marquette University Law School
- Dean's List Recipient
- CALI Academic Excellence Award
- Member, Pro Bono Society
- Member, Moot Court Team
- Member, Street Law Program
- B.S. - Marquette University, summa cum laude
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Affiliations & Memberships
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Brown County Bar Association
- Member, Robert J. Parins Inn of Court
Professional & Civic Activities
- Coach, St. Norbert Mock Trial Team
- Former Coach, Green Bay East and DePere High School Mock Trial Teams
- Member of Windjammers Sailing Club